(Skip this one if you’re not into the Beachbody thing!)
With my birthday this month, Guinevere being sick for over two weeks, terrible weather, and general stress and bad decisions, I saw the scale creeping up. No time to work out, no time to grocery shop or meal plan, lots of ordering take out and *gasp* beer.
Its funny, because this is around the time that normally I’d really start to beat up on myself for being an idiot and not taking care of myself. Now, I have more of a “well, that was fun – time to buckle down” mentality. I have the tools to help me succeed. I know what to do. And now that my life is in a better place, its time to do it.
My goals are pretty simple. Food-wise, I want to keep reaching for whole, nutritious food. Already, I’m finding that things I used to crave are now so gross to me – Taco Bell, McDonalds…gag. I do still LOVE me some Chick Fil A, but in general, I can’t do the sweets and the junk. We ordered a pizza last week, and I was up all night with horrible heartburn and my stomach was a mess. I feel worse when I eat that way. I want my daughter to have a healthy relationship with healthy food. Tyler and I were very picky eaters, and I want us to continue to set a good example for her.
Body-wise, I want to be strong and fit. While the numbers can help show some progress, they aren’t accurate for me. I’m only 5’2, so 5lbs can be a size or two for me. Particularly if I’m building muscle – its hard for the scale to really be the best way to prove anything. For me, its more about how I feel. Sure, I have little goals like being able to do one, perfect, unassisted pull up. But my main goal is an easy one – no more yo-yo weight. I have dresses and pants in my closet ranging from size 0 to 8. I want my husband to be able to plan a surprise trip to take me to a tropical island, and either he (or hopefully my best friend) can go in my closet and pack my bags, and not worry about which of the sizes actually fit – and sometimes, none of them. Its no secret I love clothes and fashion, and I hate not always being able to wear everything I have. I want to build a really fabulous and classic wardrobe, and always be able to wear it whenever I want.
Also? When I go to Disney World this May, I’d really love to be able to wear a crop top. Even a loose tee that shows a hint of belly. I want to feel so confident and strong that I’m totally fine with that flash of stomach. That would be awesome.
So I’m back on the wagon. I never quit the Shakeology, I’m addicted to that stuff. But I spent all weekend meal prepping and I’m 21 Day Fixing like a fiend, and I’m back at Hammer & Chisel. And its funny how much easier it gets every time. I like that I don’t beat myself up for the bad choices. Instead, I’m reinvigorated with starting fresh and getting excited to see changes.
If spending one day meal prepping, 30-minute a day workouts, and a diet that allows me to drink wine is my hard, in exchange for being happy in my own skin…I’ll take it.
Today is the last day for the February specials. Have you been on the fence about trying any of our programs? Now is the time to buy before the prices go back up!
Bonus – if you order any of these challenge packs TODAY, I’ll throw in a free Fixate cookbook and Shakeology cup AND throw in your name for a giveaway for a fun and sassy workout tank of your choice! Email me today with any questions, and I’ll reply with my number if you want to talk instead email@example.com
- 21 Day Fix + one month of Shakeology: $140 (reg $160) Purchase here.
- 21 Day Fix + Kickstart + one month of Shakeology: $180 (reg $205) Purchase here.
- CIZE + one month of Shakeology: $140 (reg $160) Purchase here.
- CIZE + Kickstart + one month of Shakeology: $180 (reg $205) Purchase here.
- 3 Day Refresh + one month of Shakeology: $140 (reg $160) Purchase here.
- You can pick any flavor of Shakeology you want. You can change flavors each month, delay orders, or cancel them if you aren’t ready for more, month to month.
- If you click any of the “Purchase here” links, they provide a TON of detail of what is included.
- Any of the above purchases provide you with direct and personal access to challenge groups that are private. They provide information such as: Crockpot recipe ideas that are diet-friendly, tips on surviving your best friend’s wedding weekend with all the yummy food, swapping inspiration for staying on track after over indulging, exactly HOW MUCH wine are you allowed on the diet 😉 etc.
- Any program with “kickstart” means it includes the 3 Day Refresh. I have done it 4 times and always lost 4lbs and kept it off. Some of my friends have lost up to 7lbs and kept it off. For me, its less about a jumpstart to weight loss and more about kicking my sugar cravings and diet coke addiction, but its a great program. More info here.
- While Shakeology says it is a one month order, it tends to be a lot more for me. Its 30 servings, but one scoop can make about 26oz, depending on what you mix in. Some days, I only use half a serving, particularly when I’m battling sugar cravings, and just need 12-14oz of the shake. That can double its shelf life (making it much cheaper!)
- Anything with a Kickstart challenge also signs you up for Team Beachbody Club, including a free 30 day trial membership to see the at-home workout videos that you can live stream.
- If you decide that you’re interested in sticking with the Shakeology, you may want to consider signing up to be a discount coach, which can save you over $20/month. Let me know if you want more information about discount coaching! If you sign up within 30 days of placing this February special order, you can still get your service/starter fees waived!
Getting stronger every day…life changing. I’m not where I want to be, but now I know how to get there.