I needed my first pair of glasses by first grade. By third grade, I was considered legally blind without corrective lenses. I hated wearing glasses – the thick lenses, the awkward wire frames, the ugly glasses guard/croakie I had to wear when I played soccer. But you’ve gotta be able to see and I couldn’t see three inches in front of my face, so I was stuck looking awesome through the 90s –
The pictures really do get worse –
That last picture? Ninth grade was a rough year for me. Thanks for convincing me that short hair was cool, mom.
But I always had the SAME PAIR of glasses. Glasses and lenses were expensive, and it was MUCH cheaper for us back then to just pop the lenses out and pay for new lenses as my prescription worsened than to buy new glasses each year. There just weren’t options for affordable insurance to help me look stylish (although there are no glasses that could help that bowl cut. Just sayin’.)
I first was introduced to VSP Direct back at the Blissdom conference last March. They are the nation’s only not-for-profit vision care company, and provide individual vision care insurance – so you can have access to affordable, stylish and trendy frames. I then heard of them again recently when my best friend had to get her first pair of glasses, and mentioned that her vision insurance provider was VSP. She had such a great experience (aside from the part about lamenting getting older and needing glasses!) and I knew that this was a company that I could work with – not to mention, hey! Your eyewear is the only fashion item you can get insurance for! So talk about an added bonus.
What else do you need to know?
- Your eyewear is the only fashion item that you can get insurance for.
- Look and see how the right frames can complete any look.
- Paying for glasses out-of-pocket can be expensive.
- Including lenses and frames, designer glasses can cost hundreds of dollars.
- Complete your outfit and “insure” your look with affordable individual vision care insurance from VSP Direct.
- VSP – the nation’s only not-for-profit vision care company – has spent the better part of a decade developing high-quality, affordable individual plans that are now available in every state.
- From VSP Direct, insurance benefits can be purchased directly to you, or as a gift to someone else—both available for as little as 41 cents a day.
- Or, through a convenient monthly payment plan, which is available in 46 states, consumers can pay less than $16 a month – depending on the state in which they live.
- VSP individual insurance also gives you access to a large selection of frames from classic styles to trendy (including dozens of top brand names), so you can find one that fits your personality.
- Coverage includes:
- Covers the eye exam with a low co-payment
- Provides allowance for glasses or contacts, fully covered lens options
- Lowest out-of-pocket cost in vision care with a typical annual savings of $227
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- 30,000 providers in convenient locations makes VSP the largest doctor network in the industry
See? Super cute outfit made even more fun by the addition of fun Nine West frames:
Want a chance to win a Nine West shopping spree and a year of free vision care from VSP Direct? Enter their Style with a Vision Sweepstakes! Click here for more information
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.