A little bit of this and that…
- I feel the need to say something about the tragedies this week in Boston and Texas but I don’t have the words. My heart hurts and I’m praying and I’m devouring all news that I can. I’m thinking of the mothers that lost children, the family that realized they raised kids that turned into monsters, the citizens forced into their homes by a city on a man hunt. Its not fair that I get to go to the beach while families are grieving and an entire city is on lockdown, and I KNOW its not fair. I am so, so sorry. My own little brother is up there. But I’m seeing people on Twitter and Facebook talking about deleting anyone that is talking about “trivial” matters, or anything that isn’t news/prayers/thoughts on Boston. This weekend, I’m out of town for a Bachelorette party, and I don’t think the Bride deserves a dark and reflective weekend, so I’m absolutely going to Instagram pictures of us drinking Miller High Life. It doesn’t mean that I don’t care…and I’m sorry if anyone is hurt by my posts, but this is a sick, sad world that we live in now and I don’t believe everyone should put their plans and lives on hold every time something happens. Life would never continue, and as someone that has lived through several events in the DC-area such as the sniper in 2002, I hope that no one feels that they can’t publish their Spring shopping list blog post when its my family or area affected…please remember that people aren’t being callous and uncaring, but sometimes its easiest for others to cope by forcing themselves to remember that life goes on.
- I am really excited how many people are joining me for the 30×30 challenge in May! For those that said they were in and had a button on their blog, I grabbed it and added it to my sidebar (and Carrie, I am going to make yours this weekend!) For everyone else, let me know if you have a button so I can add you – and you can use sites like PicMonkey to edit one if you don’t have one If you’re debating joining us…just do it. You can always bow out, but I promise it will be fun!
- Karen at Patching Hearts is walking in the March of Dimes for the 5th year in a row in memory of her son, Parker, who is her daughter Mia’s twin that died at childbirth. Karen is one of those rare, beautiful soul bloggers, and the March for Babies is an incredible event. If you can spare a dime, please consider donating to sponsor her in the walk, and she will add the name of your child to the back of her shirt. You can donate here.
- I can’t tell you how excited/honored/humbled I am by the loyal bloggers we’ve had joining us for Trendy Tot Tuesday. I’m now two weeks behind on making sure that I’m following everyone back and it is on my To-Do list…I swear to goodness I will be commenting and following everyone this weekend. And now I look like a dick since I have time to write my own blogs and not appreciate those that do me favors, so I’m sorry. I LOVE this link up, I LOVE the bloggers that support us, and I super love my two co-hosts, Megan and Lindsay.
- A reader, Laura, emailed me a while ago that she found my Great Room and loved the configuration, and it inspired her to update her room. I begged for a picture when it was done, and she sent me one – to which I immediately replied that its not fair to say you’re inspired and then email something that looks ten times better! How GORGEOUS are those built-ins?!
- When I mentioned one of those rare, beautiful bloggers? My original long-time blog love, Lindsey, who has the BEST heart of anyone I’ve ever “met”, has revived a link-up that I clearly adore, My Style Monday. If you ever mention anything about your style or fashion, you should join her on Mondays – I’ll be there every week from now on 😉
- Also, I’m working on some changes around here. I haven’t done my third Blissdom post, my takeaways, but I believe I finally have a focus and direction for my blog, and I am working on getting it there. And the first priority is getting back to my roots, and being a better blog friend. I feel so shitty when I’m running on no sleep and am falling behind on school and work and I get BEAUTIFUL comments and emails and tweets from all of you – I have 798 emails in my inbox, and while maybe half can be deleted as junk, that still means I have a lot of “thank yous” to get around to. And I’m getting there…
- Lastly, what a fucking boring post. Here’s a picture of Guinevere’s playroom that is like 98% done – expect a reveal post hopefully next week 😉 Just need to wrap up art work and its d.o.n.e.